Sunday, December 6, 2009

Buddha and Ananda

Gautam Buddha is passing through a forest, it is fall time and dry leaves are falling and making great

noise dancing in the wind all over the place. Ananda asks him, ”I don’t interfere because there is

always somebody else who is asking you; it is a great opportunity for me that by chance I am alone

with you. I want to ask one thing; I have been resisting but now I cannot resist. I want to know

whether you have told us everything that you know, or you have told only some things.”

 

Gautam Buddha bent down; he plucked up a few dry leaves in his hands and he said, ”Ananda, do

you see these dry leaves in my hand? This much I have said to you. And look at the dry leaves all

over the forest: this much I have not said to you. Because you cannot understand even this much,

these few leaves in my hand. It will be absolutely a wastage of time to talk about all the leaves of

this forest. My knowing is vast; I have just given you a taste.”

 

-Words from “Live ZEN” Book (OSHO)

No comments:

Post a Comment